Thursday, May 22, 2008

Lifesaving Day!

Yesterday, at swimming, it was lifesaving day. Myrna has the kids get into the water with clothes on so they can learn to save themselves if they fall into a pool. Riley did an absolutely AWESOME job floating on her back. Corban knows how to float but screams the whole time. I guess this will help locate him if he does ever fall into a pool :0)


The kids also put life jackets on to make sure the jackets they own will flip them onto their backs. The one we bought in Australia for Riley still does not work for Corban. He curls into a ball and fights the jacket! I guess this is another year we won't be going on a boat! Riley thought the life jacket was the coolest and bounced off the diving board in a flash. 






I didn't get a whole lot of footage of Corban in the water... it was a bit scary for me to watch and juggling a wet and cold child with a video camera is something I apparently haven't mastered!
Tomorrow the kids get their "Swimming Stars" and finish the swimming session. I will hopefully get them into another session later in the summer but it all depends on when this baby decides to be born.

2 comments:

Restvedts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Restvedts said...

OMG, my kids would freak out! Great job Riley...and even with your clothes on. Keep it up! :) Don't worry, Corban may be hating it, but he's still learning and progressing. :)