Thursday, May 15, 2008

Swimming Lessons!

It is that time of year again. Swimming lessons with Myrna started on Monday.
Our lessons are in the evening so Daddy has been able to come and be in the water with Corban. Riley is a little mermaid and wakes up every morning asking when she can go swimming with Myrna. Corban is a little less excited. The 1st day he screamed as soon as his feet touched the water. He hated being on his back and kept yelling "LET GO A ME!!!!" for the whole lesson. Tuesday was much better and he has been doing better every day. He no longer struggles but still does not like being on his back.

Riley got a new swim suit for the summer... it's her 1st speedo!


Riley started off on Monday in a class without me. She was keeping up with rest of the much older class but wasn't too sure about being in the water without an adult. She can't touch the bottom by herself so having me there gives her a little more confidence.

Here is Myrna (this is her 56th year of teaching!!) with Corban. The kids both love her to death!


This is Corban on his back... can you tell he doesn't like it?


Day 2! A much happier Corban swimming to the wall with some help from Daddy.

I realise I don't have a lot of pics of Riley swimming so I will have to fix that today. They have another week of lessons too so I will post some more pics and maybe some video.


2 comments:

raewyn said...

Love Riley's swim suit but she has a sad face. Is she ok?

Tell Corban I like to see him swimming with a happy face.

Renée and Bryan said...

Oooh fun! We get to start swim lessons with Rayna in a couple weeks. She is so excited! Everyday she asks if it's time yet. Guess I should've signed up for an earlier session.