Sunday, September 21, 2008

Broken Leg...

So this has been a very eventful weekend.
On Friday afternoon Riley was playing at a friends house when she fell on their trampoline and then a bigger kid fell on her.
She wouldn't put any weight on her leg but we wanted to wait a while to see if it just was a bad bruise.
Yesterday it was worse so we took her to the ER. Turns out she has a break in her Tibia just below her knee. It is all the way through the bone.
She has a half cast on right now and tomorrow we will see the orthopedic specialist to see if she needs surgery before they put her in a long leg cast.
She is an absolute trooper, not complaining about the pain very much at all. 
Please pray for rapid healing and that we can figure out ways to keep her occupied (she doesn't have crutches yet as they have to be special ordered for her size). 
Thanks guys... I'll post some photos of her getting her cast on!

5 comments:

Renée and Bryan said...

Oh my goodness. Poor thing. I am so sorry that happened. I will be praying for a very quick recovery. Glad to hear she's been such a trooper.

elliottsmum said...

We are praying for her. Maybe you could give her a bunch of coloured card cut into different shapes and some photos and let her do her own scrapbooking album. That should keep her occupied for a while.

elliottsmum said...

and stickers, you can't forget the stickers

Mama attempting to run. said...

ohh good idea! A friend of ours lent us a bunch of board games but they all seem to be a bit old for her. I was thinking hungry hungry hippos but it's so freaking noisy!
will definitely get some scrapbooking stuff for her. Maybe she can catch up on the stuff I have neglected!

Sumara said...

Oh no, poor sweet girl. I hope all goes well with the surgeon and the cast and everything.

I 2nd the idea of stickers and drawing/writing/cutting/pasting etc etc. And if it's warm enough still she could spend some time sitting on a rug outside with all that stuff. Books.

We're thinking of you guys. Give Riley some hugs from us. (Um, yeah Mum, thanks for the hugs from the random strange people I've met once three years ago!)