Friday, June 13, 2008

Haircut

Riley has only ever had one haircut before but the time came for her to have another one.... this is why!
Yup, the bottom 2 inches of her hair was constantly tangled. We have been talking to her for about a week now trying to convince her that it a trim was a good idea. Finally, this morning she said we could trim it as long as she still had long hair when we were done.


I'm not usually the haircutting type but I figured I could cut in a straight line.

Riley got into the swing of things and thought it was cool to feel the cut hair fall on to her legs.


It's pretty straight right?


The (almost) finished product.

I put her hair in pig tails and they immediately curled into ringlets. I don't know if this means her hair will become curly but I do know that it is a heck of a lot easier to brush!

We collected most of the hair we cut into a bag. We didn't cut her 1st curl off and put it in her baby book so we will keep this.  Riley did a great job of sitting still and tall while I trimmed her hair. She thinks she looks beautiful with her shorter hair and I tend to agree.






No comments: